Knewton is on a mission to personalize learning for everyone around the world. Education companies worldwide use the Knewton data infrastructure platform to power course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs. Knewton was founded in 2008 and has offices in New York City and London. We have raised over $100M to date from investors such as Accel, Atomico, Bessemer, FirstMark Capital, First Round Capital, Founders Fund, and GSV Capital.
We are recruiting for a Human Resources leader to join our team at our Manhattan HQ. This role will report to our Chief Operating Officer and will be an essential part of our success as we expand globally. This person will provide human resources counsel (organization and development) to the senior management team and their functional teams. This person will provide HR partnership on all elements of talent management that is directly linked to driving our business goals and overall organizational effectiveness.
What we are looking for:
This person is entrepreneurial, collaborative, influential, and exhibits a high EQ. This person will have a deep understanding of talent development and a track record for developing high performing organizations. The right person can apply HR processes that are efficient and effective for employees and move the company forward, not just for HR’s sake. This role will be a close partner to the senior leadership team and contribute to the operating strategy of the company. The ideal candidate will be a very capable leader, with a collaborative and influential leadership style and the ability to think creatively about solutions.
- Ability to embody our culture through their leadership, behavior and interactions.
- Manage the delivery benefits, on-boarding, off-boarding, performance management and employee relations in a way that feels light-weight or nearly invisible to the employee.
- Mentor and lead a growing HR staff.
- Develop programs to benefit employees and connect those metrics (for example, turnover, engagement, etc) to our operating strategy.
- Gather current compensation market data, benchmark and evolve our compensation models.
- Use performance management data and engagement survey metrics to help create a great environment for talent.
- Build and execute management development programs to develop all managers into senior managers.
- Work with senior management to plan talent development and growth for the future.
- Understand the ever-changing policy and legal landscape as it applies to Human Resources.
- Understand how to leverage technology to improve the efficiency of HR programs and processes.
Requirements and Experience:
- Candidate must demonstrate superb judgment and integrity.
- This position requires 5-10 years of experience in leading a progressive HR operation in a high-growth environment.
- Candidate will likely have had experience in a global company, as well as some start-up experience. Must have influenced management at the VP/C level.
- Experience in more than one industry or business sector is highly desired, with particular emphasis on technology or other highly technical or sophisticated businesses.
- This person must be an excellent communicator: both written and verbal. This includes an ability to communicate HR programs in a way that provides teams with context and rationale.
- This person should have well developed coaching, communication, and leadership skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to both think strategically about our business and dive into the details of day-to-day execution.