Knewton is on a mission to personalize education for students around the world. Education companies worldwide use the Knewton infrastructure platform to power course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs.
At Knewton, we use small, cross-functional teams to solve difficult challenges with real-world implications. Teams comprise a range of technical, mathematical, educational, and design specialists unified by a passion for improving education.
Knewton was founded in 2008 and has offices in New York City and London. Investments top $105M from well-known angel investors plus Accel, Bessemer, First Round Capital, Firstmark, Founders Fund, GSV, and Atomico.
About the Integration team:
Knewton partners with large companies to enable them, through our API, to create and deliver adaptive experiences for any type of their content, in nearly any subject matter, for every student. The Integration team works directly with these enterprise partners to create adaptive solutions with their digital educational products that maximize student educational outcomes.
The Integration team provides technical and product guidance, evaluates customers’ technical and analytical challenges, and implements solutions ranging from new API integrations to new analytical workflows/use cases to entirely new applications. This team also provides feedback on requests/features requested by our partners to our product team.
Each integration brings its own unique technical, ontological, and pedagogical challenges based on the nature/scope of the content and solution. The team is called upon to develop and deliver these integrations efficiently.
The Integration team operates in groups of three for each partner: an Integration Architect, a Solutions Engineer, and a Partnership Manager.
The Partnership Manager is the primary point of contact for our API partners, managing the overall health, communications, and project management for each implementation. This role is also the partner interface for results and efficacy, sales support, training, technical escalations, and customer experience. The PM works to understand partner needs and pulls internal resources across Knewton, when necessary, to support the post-launch product/relationship. The role combines a business mind that can deeply understand Knewton’s strategy with a product sensibility that balances the needs of both Knewton and its partners.
- Deliver on the partners’ objectives post-API implementation launch
- Drive improvement of student outcomes within the integration
- Ensure that the integrations continue to support Knewton’s goals in adoption, data, efficacy, revenue
- Improve efficiencies of implementations over time
- Identify additional opportunities to leverage Knewton’s technology to deliver partner content
- Serve as the key point of contact and communication lead with partners in both English & French
- Project manage the overall implementation plan
- Work with partners to improve their product through Knewton’s technology post launch; work with IA as a team during pre-launch
- Represent the partner within Knewton
- Report on status of an integration; represent partner priorities, escalate issues to management; ensure contract obligations are met
- Become an expert on Knewton-powered products
- Train Sales, Marketing, Support and other applicable teams on Knewton-powered products
- Manage the plan for measuring success
- PM is responsible for tracking metrics and working with partners to meet the goals of the integration
Specific Job Duties:
- Author, maintain, and drive project milestones pre and post launch
- Identify patterns across partners and advocate for features that should be addressed by Knewton’s roadmap
- Communicate the Knewton roadmap externally, including the release and deprecation of features
- Provide partners with the materials and resources they need to effectively use Knewton products
- Drives most critical feedback from partners to our product team (and other teams) to impact roadmap or other services
- Work with technical support team to escalate and resolve major issues
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and equity
- Flexible hours, no vacation policy, and paid maternity/paternity leave
- High-quality equipment (default: a new Macbook Pro with a giant monitor)
- Frequent guest speakers and tech/edtech Meetups hosted at Knewton HQ
- Social groups and sports teams
- Free dinner every weeknight in the office, all-day snacks, and a full bar
- Free monthly MetroCards cards
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Full Fluency in French and English
- A passion for our mission, aligning stakeholders, and achieving ambitious goals to bring high-quality content to learners around the world
- A deep understanding of - or desire to learn about - education technology & pedagogy
- Strong communication, facilitation, and informal influencing skills, including the ability to build relationships with senior level leaders and day-to-day contacts
- Strategic thinking and the ability to design and execute high-leverage action plans
- Excellent communications both written and verbal
- An innovative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Perseverance and drive, a strong work ethic and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and to radiate positivity even while under pressure
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, edtech, teaching, curriculum development, management consulting and/or investment banking
Knewton 89 Worship Street London EC2A 2BF