Knewton is on a mission to personalize education for students around the world. Education companies worldwide use the Knewton infrastructure platform to power course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs.
At Knewton, we use small, cross-functional teams to solve difficult challenges with real-world implications. Teams comprise a range of technical, mathematical, educational, and design specialists unified by a passion for improving education.
Knewton was founded in 2008 and has offices in New York City and London. Investments top $105M from well-known angel investors plus Accel, Bessemer, First Round Capital, Firstmark, Founders Fund, GSV, and Atomico.
As Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for providing desktop support, administering our infrastructure, and such other duties and responsibilities as are normally associated with this position and assigned to you from time to time. This position is currently based at our New York City office, but you will be expected to travel as needed.
- Passion for creating stable operating environment for all team members in the office
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct OS X and Windows systems and networks
- Ability to configure basic network equipment (routers, VPNs, NAS, switches)
- Ability to create a self-service capability for team members to resolve basic issues with minimal involvement
- Ability to automate routine tasks using available APIs with python
- A penchant for improving the systems and processes around you
Not required but highly desired:
- Experience setting up Webex or other web-based Video/Audio systems
- Experience with multimedia USB input devices - video cameras, microphones in Mac OS X
- Experience dealing directly with service providers (troubleshoot and follow-up to ensure resolution)
- Experience configuring SIP VoIP Phones
- Experience working with cloud computing services (AWS, Google Apps)
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and equity
- Flexible hours, no vacation policy, and paid maternity/paternity leave
- High-quality equipment (default: a new Macbook Pro with a giant monitor)
- Frequent guest speakers and tech/edtech Meetups hosted at Knewton HQ
- Social groups and sports teams
- Free dinner every weeknight in the office, all-day snacks, and a full bar
- Free monthly MetroCards/PATH cards