Knewton is poised to revolutionize the practice of education with the world's most powerful adaptive learning engine. We are a startup rich in eclectic personalities, are ridiculously dedicated, and are unified around a passion for democratizing education. We have also been recognized as a Technology Pioneer at the World Economic Forum in Davos and one of the top 25 best places to work by Crain’s New York Business.
We’re looking for high energy master educators to join a focused, meaningful effort to evaluate, edit, and describe open educational resources, fueling Knewton’s adaptive learning platform. Your work will help to make personalized, adaptive learning a widely accessible technology for people around the globe.
In the process, you’ll interact with our Adaptive Instruction, Design, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams. You’ll develop a whole new vocabulary and a set of skills you never knew existed.
Come be part of something amazing.
● REQUIRED: Minimum of 3 years Mathematics (grade 4-7) teaching experience
● REQUIRED: Ability to represent fundamental mathematical operations in multiple ways.
● Master’s degree in education a plus
● Familiarity with educational technology
● Exceptional communication and presentation skills and scrupulous attention to detail
● Strong organizational skills and capacity to communicate in cross-functional groups
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
● Classify, analyze, and tag the universe of educational content
● Collaborate with the Product team on tools that make this process scalable
● Evaluate ‘learning experience’ content by recognizing prerequisite knowledge the content assumes and identifying specific learning outcomes the content targets
● Evaluate assessment content and match it appropriately to a variety of ‘learning experience’ content
● Act as community manager, guiding and inspiring users, after product launch
Perks include huge monitors, the latest macs, a kitchen filled with your favorite treats, flexible hours, frequent guest speakers, excellent health benefits, equity and a chance to do meaningful, cutting edge work in a dynamic environment
100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10011